Usb

19 Jul 2011

My friend said this.. but like I said I think I damaged the xpresso.. Yes I know you day post in xpresso forum but.. I would prefer to try and get any help I can on this.

<<quote>>I made it even easier: the 1.5kOhm goes from the USB_DP line directly to Vdd, without the soft connect switch.

If you then boot the chip with P0.1 low and USB connected to the PC, it mounts as a volume and inside is the file: firmware.bin

You can then copy a new firmware into the chip and boot again, just like you do with your mbed ...<</quote>>

Here is some pictures.. /media/uploads/mbed2f/photo0769.jpg

I have got two 33 ohms one on D+ and one on D- and then a 1.5k going from D+ to Vcc but it's not getting recognized in windows.. and having problems with the ide.. so I think I could be doing things write but I have damaged the board.

/media/uploads/mbed2f/photo0770.jpg

19 Jul 2011

Here's a link for your convenience. Many knowledgeable people there.

http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

19 Jul 2011

Igor Skochinsky wrote:

Here's a link for your convenience. Many knowledgeable people there.

http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Yeah I made a thread but you did not take the time to look did you:)

20 Jul 2011

Hi! You are really crazy maan! Please don't flood the forum with crap ok!

20 Jul 2011

Matheus Almeida wrote:

Hi! You are really crazy maan! Please don't flood the forum with crap ok!

Why don't post a program or do something.. post some code idiot.. instead of bashing me like moron and looking like a asshole.

4 post of crap is all you have a bet you work for some other company.. keep you comments to yourself unless you got something to contribute.

20 Jul 2011

Not sure what you want to do. USB on the Xpresso can be directly connected to the breakout board. No resistors require. You need USB code running on it though. It does not comes with USB code. That is probably why your PC does not recognize.

21 Jul 2011

Yoko Hama wrote:

Not sure what you want to do. USB on the Xpresso can be directly connected to the breakout board. No resistors require. You need USB code running on it though. It does not comes with USB code. That is probably why your PC does not recognize.

I solder headers on it, and with it been my first time.. I brought a high melting point solder no thanks to maplins, don't even stock low melting point solder or lead solder..

My friend has successfully took the lpc1768 and lpc link apart and then added a usb connect and then you add two 33 0hms resistors and one 1.5k resistor from D+ to Vcc and it should then boot the chip with P0.1 low and USB connected to the PC, it mounts as a volume and inside is the file: firmware.bin

and that is what happens, so I guess you all get to save money here, because the xpresso is half the price of mbed but with no libs. But they both are worth having anyway.. I just brought the xpresso first... and then mbed.. But I have only one mbed here.. and what I am doing I need two.. so I was trying to get the xpresso to work and ended making a mess because of the morons at maplins.. which is the only electronic store in england that I know of..

well they do it on purpose.. stock welding solder, so newbies to electronic can mess up their projects just shows how un serious they are about electronics really. and that is why they will never make any more money than they do.. but whatever.

But yeah I am just trying to figure out if I have damage the board and get it refurbished and exchange or to get it working

21 Jul 2011

Has it ever worked ? is the firmware.bin the mBed firmware ? or it is the USB secondary bootloader that you are using ?

The 1.5K pullup is already on the Xpresso card. No need to add it. The onboard pullup is controlled by software via i/o pin p2.9.

21 Jul 2011

Yoko Hama wrote:

Has it ever worked ? is the firmware.bin the mBed firmware ? or it is the USB secondary bootloader that you are using ?

The 1.5K pullup is already on the Xpresso card. No need to add it. The onboard pullup is controlled by software via i/o pin p2.9.

Ok you know the debugger link I am not using that usb mini connection.. I am using a external usb connecter connected to the xpresso.. pins 9 and 10 and to the xpresso gnd and vin.. So are saying that on 9 and 10 their is 1.5k pull resistor..

I just went and bloody lost a c28 resistor for the link board:(

21 Jul 2011

I know. I did not talk about the LPC-Link. I talked about the USB pin 9 & 10. Look at the schematic. You'll see the pin p2.9 control a transistor to turn on and off the 1.5K pullup on the D+. Beside you don't even need to turn on the pullup, without the pullup the USB operates as USB 2.0 all mode. The pullup tells the USB host that the device operates at high speed. p.s. the 33ohm is already onboard as well.

21 Jul 2011

Still will not recognize, not foound pin p2.9 yet tho.. but took the resistors off and still nothing.

21 Jul 2011

is it pin 11 then...?? pin 14 if counting from top to bottom

21 Jul 2011

I/O pin 2.9 is the I/O pin called USB_CONNECT but that irrelevant for you right now. What matters is where the firmware.bin comes from. Test usb first with sample code from the Xpresso. to make sure the USB still works. It is more likely a software issue.