dissolved oxygen

19 Apr 2011

I need to read the dissolved oxygen levels of water in a pipe system for a robotics project I'm working on for school. I was looking around for a way to hookup a dissolved oxygen sensor to my mbed. However, its kinda hard (lots of complicated equations). Anyway, I stumbled across a device that looks like it can read D.O. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I think it's what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure??

Here is the link. http://atlas-scientific.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=34&category=

Has anyone out there used this thing? If so, does it work?

20 Apr 2011

school project? It's changed a bit since my day then! Judging from what they say, you can just hook that up to a PC. But I'd email them, what do they expect you to do? You can't immerse that thing, and there are no details on their website. How does it read the water? You really need to ask them for some information, there's not enough on that website.

20 Apr 2011

Hay David

Yeah,..I kinda felt the same way. I emailed them, and they cleared up the mystery. Apparently what you do is hook up a dissolved oxygen probe up to the stamp with a BNC connecter that they include. From there it does all the interpretation for you.

I hope it works... (I just bought it).

24 Nov 2015

Hello, Jordon,

Long time since you posted this — may be out of school and in the field by now... Did you have good luck with your AS DO sensor? Hope you get this, and love to know. Thanks!

Patrick