[betatesting] wiki image question

29 May 2010

Hi

I'm trying to embed images in a wiki page I've created; one png which I have uploaded, and one from an external site. I think I am using the right markup (double curly braces) but neither image displays in my browser (IE8). Could you advise?

Thanks
Daniel

29 May 2010

Hi Daniel,

I think you are doing everything correctly; looks like the html src we're generating for images isn't ideal, and IE doesn't like it. We'll get it fixed and make sure we push it through our cross-browser testing.

Thanks for the report, and it'll be a great page too!

Simon

29 May 2010

Hi Simon

I've switched to Chrome to make progress, but found another issue. I tried to use the following link for my image and got a Bad Image src message:

http://www.pachube.com/feeds/504/datastreams/1/history.png?w=600&h=300&b=true&g=true&t=Pachube office&l=Light level&s=2&r=2
It's a valid image, just server generated with parameters. Should it be a valid image in the wiki?

Thanks
Daniel

31 May 2010
user avatar Simon Ford wrote:
We'll get it fixed and make sure we push it through our cross-browser testing.

Hi Simon

It's working on IE8 on at least one of my computers now. I've finished the pages and linked them from the cookbook homepage (hope you don't mind). One thing I have not done is linked to code in my repository (although a png image is). If I deleted my account, you might want the cookbook to be unaffected - hence would it make sense to have a cookbook repository for code and media rather than linked to individual accounts? Also, until we get some kind of folders/archive in the compiler, I don't want to add more programs there (hint, hint).

Regards
Daniel