Compiler Search and Replace

06 Mar 2011

Is someone messing with the compiler on a fairly regular basis lately? I am very used to using the search and replace tool and then when I am done I hit escape and it goes away. Lately however I find that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Is this server side or something going wrong in my browser? I use Chrome generally.

06 Mar 2011

Hi Aaron,

We haven't changed the compiler (we tend to announce on beta, then make it live when we're happy). I suspect therefore you've got a sequence/state where it causes it not to work, so see if you can spot it after doing something or coming from a specific state.

Alternatively, someone could be messing with your chrome :) Although we've only tended to see issues if people are using the beta versions of chrome.

Give us a shout if you see a way to cause the problem, and we'll make a note to re-test the functionality.

Thanks!

Simon

06 Mar 2011

Yeah I'll try to get more specific information for you / pay attention when it happens and let you know :)

06 Mar 2011

Ok consider this solved lol. I just realized that my escape key is broken. I never would have thought of that except a dialog popped up and escape wasn't closing it. Occam's razor and all that.

07 Mar 2011

Yeah so I spoke a little too soon. It seems that my escape key is only broken in Chrome. Since it happens in dialogs as well I highly doubt it has anything to do with the mbed site.