Compiler stuck on initializing

01 Nov 2016

Trying to compile a Nucleo STM32L432KC program, which doesn't get past initializing. Other programs that have no errors seem to compile but leave an 'initializing' dialogue still running. Cancel and have to refresh the page again to run compile, same problem. Same problem on another PC. Seem to recall a very similar problem occurring a few weeks ago. Possibly last time I tried to use the on-line compiler in earnest. Please advise.

01 Nov 2016

Fixed now...

01 Nov 2016

Right, thanks for letting me know Nick. Best wishes, Ron

04 Nov 2016

Hi Ron,

I've been having the same problem, how did you manage to solve it?

Thanks

04 Nov 2016

It's happening to me as well right now

04 Nov 2016

It's happening to me too right now

18 Jan 2017

The same problem is happening right now. What did you guys do to fix it?

18 Jan 2017

I'm seeing the same sort of issue... I'm trying out the RedBearLab BLE Nano, compiling the BLE_Beacon app. I get a window saying "Compling BLE_Beacon ... Status: Initializing..." and nothing ever happens. No errors, nothing. I compiled the blinky program a few minutes ago without any trouble. I've tried Firefox 50.1.0 on Windows 7 as well as Chrome 55.0.2883.87 on the same system. So far I'm not impressed with the MBED platform...

15 Feb 2017

I am also having this problem and have changed computers, what else can I do other than use another IDE (as I need to ideally use this one for my University Coursework)? I have tried using Chrome and Microsoft Edge. It has not been working for several hours and have not been able to get past this initializing stage at all. It says "error opening your workspace" every time I try but not sure what to do about it?

20 Feb 2017

I am also having this issue and really need to get some stuff compiled ASAP. Unfortunately whats required for the offline toolchain isn't exactly "quick" or "easy" but I may have to give that a try, as this dependency on a "maybe here maybe not" service is a little scary.

20 Feb 2017

Compiler is stuck. Cannot compile anymore, keeps waiting and waiting and once every 20 or 30 times does actually allow me to download the code... Help please???

20 Feb 2017

Same issue here... Stuck on initializing...

12 Jul 2017

Here it is in July 2017. I get the same problems with the compiler stuck on initialization. I've tried two computers and two browsers. Furthermore, I have to reload the page just to enable the compiler. the CLI solution is not an optiondefeats the purpose of mbed.

So...when are you folks going to fix this? it's delayed my projects.

14 Dec 2017

14th Dec 2017 half the day wasted only to find out its not my program. Maybe we can get a blinking message for the servers that there is something wrong on that side.

19 Dec 2017

Stopped working for me as well, this evening. Will no longer compile online.

Will be looking into a "physical" toolchain that actually works.

Unfortunate as this held so much promise.

19 Dec 2017

All,

Appologies for the down time, our servers ran out of disk space, the online compiler should be working now. If you ever experience this problem again (hopefully this never happens, but murphy's law) please contact the support line at support@mbed.com as this is the fastest way to get the issue prioritized / addressed.

In the future, to unblock yourself, i suggest having mbed-cli installed locally (https://os.mbed.com/docs/v5.6/tools/arm-mbed-cli.html) as it will allow you to continue working offline.

All the best,

-Austin