Bug in KL25Z Firmware under OSX - power down required before new '.bin' load

20 Mar 2013

To load (consistently) new code onto the KL25Z using OSX you need to power down the board (unplug/plugin) when copying a new '.bin' file onto the MBED drive it saves OK, drive goes off line and comes back but it has a 'fail.txt' file (containing "NOT CONSECUTIVE SECTORS") indicating that the copy actually failed..

Only by powering off before each load/copy can you guarantee the things work..

Happy to debug code if I can get the source or to try work with the team to sort out..

Regards

Andy

20 Mar 2013

Hi Andy,

It is weird that it works when you unplug and plug the board again. Do you mean that the drag n drop works only the first time without unplugging/re-plugging the board?

Can you provide more information about:

• which specific version of mac OS you are using
  • are you directly saving the .bin into the MBED disk from a browser?
    • if yes which browser are you using?
  • are you drag n dropping the .bin from your hard-disk?

Have you tried to press the reset button to see if your program is running even if there is the fail.txt file?

Cheers, Sam

20 Mar 2013

OSX 10.8.2 using a MacBook Air Coping .bin to MBED using drag n drop from finder Pressing reset button doesn't change anything (ie press before load, after load etc) New .bin file is NOT loaded, which is where my initial frustration came from :) Happens 30%+ of the time inconsistent...

Again happy to help debug in anyway, and can certainly compile and tweak firmware code if needed..

Regards Andy

21 Mar 2013

Hi Andy,

Just to be sure, you can flash a program if:

• you drag n drop the .bin
  • then you unplug/re-plug the board

When you do that, your program is running fine on the kl25z?

Just out of curiosity, can you try to use Chrome and save the file directly into the MBED disk from chrome? I know that it sounds weird but if you take a look at the sectors sent over USB from chrome/firefox/opear/safari/your hard-disk, you will see that there a lot of differences...

Then i found weird that there are inconsistency problems. Can you try on a windows machine to see if you have inconsistency problems as well?

Cheers, Sam

21 Mar 2013

Sorry I wasn't clear it always works if I:

• Unplug/re-plug the board
  • then drag n drop the .bin file

And everything is fine under windows.

Also tried saving direct from Firefox and Safari without any change - however just tried it on another Mac and it worked great !!

So problem relates to my machine suspect it could be the Symantec anti virus which is set to check external media let me do some more testing and come back to you

Andy

23 Apr 2013

I have this issue with a Raspberry PI as a host - or at least something very similar. I can connect/mount the lk25z and copy the bin, but then the lk25z can't be mounted (actually, the PI doesn't detect it disconnected, it's just unwritable) however if I un-plug and re-plug then mount works fine. I also think that the program loaded does not start without me pressing reset. The board has an independent power supply.

23 May 2013

same problem, I reflash the opensda debug app, again follow the instruction of handbook, all are OK.

28 Apr 2016

dawei you wrote:

same problem, I reflash the opensda debug app, again follow the instruction of handbook, all are OK.

Where is the link for doing that?