Folders

25 Jan 2010

Can we get folders to put different programs in on the compiler? I have a feeling that all these programs are going to end up being a mess on the online compiler soon...

25 Jan 2010

Hi Michael,

A way of organising your projects would obviously be a useful feature and something we definitely want to add. However, this unfortunately isn't something that I can promise as something we'll be adding *soon*.  Rather, we hope to add this at the same time as a general overhaul of the backend of the compiler, which is some time away.

Thanks,

Dan

11 Feb 2010

I double vote for the folders!!!  Triple even!  My naming conventions don't stand the test, nor does my memory, my organizational skills.....my attention span..wait.. what was I saying?

19 Mar 2010 . Edited: 19 Mar 2010

You can make that a quadruple or quintuple vote for me now...  Using an online compiler and storing my code in a long list is driving me mad.  I may be a special case, since I don't know how many people on here are looking at trying to use one account for upwards of 20 mBed units (which I maybe should or shouldn't do but a seperate account for each mBed is worse).....but......really... folders would be a godsend.  Truly. 

19 Mar 2010

It's true, folders in the compiler would be profoundly useful.

27 Aug 2010

I'd love there to be folders too.

I'm creating projects at quite a fast rate, mostly due to not wanting to delete code because there's not RCS, so where I'd usually abandon and delete code in the knowledge I could always look in the history, I have to leave it around, having a folder that I could dump old test projects in would be very useful :)

27 Aug 2010

I'd like to add my vote for folders at some stage.

@Matther how about exporting and archiving your defunct projects offline?

27 Aug 2010

I suggested this in November last year.

I think they're planning an archive section, so at least you can put the stuff you want to keep, but are not currently using out of the way

27 Aug 2010

Ohh that sounds good.

@Romilly Yes, that sounds like a good idea, I've only really been using it in earnest in the last weeks so I'm still finding my way :)

I think I'm going to set up a git repo somewhere and keep most of my code in it for the moment :) (At least till I see how/what RCS gets integrated)