Suggestion: clone program context menu item

05 Sep 2013

I often find myself needing to clone an existing program to try something new out. It's possible to copy a program using ctrl-c, but I haven't worked out how to paste it into the root. The best I can do is paste it into a new program and then drag the directories up a level and rename the program.

An alternate method is to publish the program and pull it back in under another name.

I think it would be nice if there was a clone program option which allowed you to right click on a program in the workspace and ask for this, it would then prompt for the new name of the program, and make a clone with that name.

Ashley

06 Sep 2013

In your workspace, when you right-click on a program in the root folder, there is a Save As... option.
This allows you to clone an entire program into the root folder (it asks you to enter a new name).
The original program folder remains untouched.

As for a single item or subfolder, you are right, there is no option in the popup window to create a new folder.
The easiest solution is to keep a test folder in your project list where you can copy these items.

08 Oct 2013

Awesome.

Thanks.