Embedded Artists LPC11U35 QuickStart Board Support

06 Aug 2013

Hey guys, I just noticed that support for the DipCortex M0 and M3 boards has been added to the online compiler. That's awesome! Is there a chance we could get support for the Embedded Artists LPC11U35 QuickStart Board? I have my entire project breadboarded with one, and I'd hate to change it. It's very similar to the DipCortex M0 board, but uses an LPC11U35 with 64KB of flash.

19 Aug 2013

Hi Neil, We are working with the mbed team to make this happen. Hopefully quite soon. Kind Regards, Anders Rosvall

19 Aug 2013

Awesome thanks!

19 Sep 2013

Don't mean to bump an old thread, but is there any word on when we're going to see support for this board? Right now I can compile for the LPC11U24 and run the code on the LPC11U35 just fine, but I'm going to need the extra flash soon. And I'm not looking forward to having to break up my project so that I can test different parts of it separately. Thanks guys!

30 Oct 2013

I hate to keep bringing this up, but how close are we to seeing support for this board? It's been almost 3 months since I asked, and in the meantime several unrelated microcontrollers have become supported. Aside from having more memory, there's no functional difference between the LPC11U24 and the LPC11U35. In fact, I've been running code compiled for the LPC11U24 up until now on the LPC11U35 without issue. Including IAP code (the LPC11U35 has page erasable flash).

31 Oct 2013

Support has already been added to the SDK so we are waiting for the mbed team to enable it in the online tools. I think they have been quite busy lately, but we have been informed that they have created the platform page for our LPC11U35 board. We have, however, not got a date when it will actually show up on the platforms page and accessible in the online compiler. Hopefully this will happen soon.

31 Oct 2013

EmbeddedArtists AB wrote:

Support has already been added to the SDK so we are waiting for the mbed team to enable it in the online tools. I think they have been quite busy lately, but we have been informed that they have created the platform page for our LPC11U35 board. We have, however, not got a date when it will actually show up on the platforms page and accessible in the online compiler. Hopefully this will happen soon.

Ok, thanks for the update. Hopefully they will enable it soon so I can get my project back on track.

12 Dec 2013

I'm getting tired of asking for this every few months and getting told it's basically ready just not enabled yet. I understand you're all busy, but since I've asked half a dozen unrelated boards have become supported. When I checked the Platforms page today I got all excited that there was a 13th microcontroller, surely this was it! But no, sadly it was the Seeeduino-Arch-Pro. If you guys need help I'd be happy to contribute, I have 2 of these boards at work that I could experiment with. Thanks.

13 Dec 2013

Just noticed it's finally supported. Awesome! Thanks guys! :D

19 Dec 2013

Wasn't it also added to the platform list? I thought I saw it there too, but now it doesn't show it anymore (just like for example the KL46Z).

07 Jan 2014

I noticed that as well. I think they hid it because it only works on the beta compiler. I also noticed the RAM usage on the Build tab is incorrect, it indicates 10KB of RAM, but there's really only 8KB in SRAM0. The extra 2KB is in SRAM1 and, as far as I can tell, isn't used by the compiler. I'd prefer it wasn't actually, because I'm also targeting an LPC11U37 with 128KB of flash and no SRAM1. I'm using the upper 64KB for data storage with IAP, so the target for the LPC11U35 works perfectly.

UPDATE: It now works out of beta mode, I'd imagine it will be re-enabled now.

07 Jan 2014

Oops, sorry, I confused the microcontroller I'm using in my project (the LPC11U35FHI33/501) with the one that's actually on the LPC11U35 QuickStart board (the LPC11U35FHN33/401). The LPC11U35FHN33/401 doesn't even have an SRAM1, making the compiler's build tab even more incorrect. It should definitely be showing 8KB.

17 Jan 2014

Hey guys, just wondering why the Platform page still isn't enabled for this board. It doesn't affect me since I've added it to my profile already, but I'm wondering if there's some breaking bugs I should be aware of that are keeping it disabled. Thanks!