bug in the export-> codesourcery

24 Feb 2013

I just made a new export with the newest library 60 and beta site, to codesourcery.

The linker finds a double definition : ./mbed/LPC1768/GCC_CS/libmbed.a(stdio.o): In function `_isatty': stdio.cpp:(.text._isatty+0x0): multiple definition of `_isatty' mbed/LPC1768/GCC_CS/sys.o:sys.cpp:(.text._isatty+0x0): first defined here

When I look at the sources (thank you very much for making the library open source !) : in Mbed-NXP/cmsis/LPC1768/GCC_CS/sys.cpp line 80:definition of _isatty in Mbed-src/stdio.cpp line 232 is probably a definition of _isatty (depending on #ifdef ARMCC_VERSION

Thank you for opening the sources . Robert Spilleboudt

25 Feb 2013

Thank you for reporting this issue. We fixed the CodeSourcery standard library retargeting removing the duplicate "_isatty": mbed-NXP Revision 3.

The fix will be contained in the next build of the mbed library.

Cheers, Emilio

11 Apr 2013

Hi, I just hit this issue too. Glad to hear it's been fixed already!

Is there an ETA for the next mbed build that contains this fix?

thanks!

11 Apr 2013

Hi Gordon, we are preparing a new release with different new features for the end of this month.

Cheers, Emilio

08 May 2013

Hi, just wondered - is this supposed to be fixed now?

I exported my project again and the size of the Zip file had changed so I assumed some changes to the library had gone in - however I am still getting the _isatty error when I compile...

It's a bit of a bummer for me as I generally develop on desktop. While the mbed workspace is great, I'm trying to target several different devices and trying to keep the mbed workspace and my local git repo in sync is just really painful.

08 May 2013

Yes, this should be fixed in Rev 62 of the mbed library and it has been tested on Red Suite 4.

08 May 2013

Hi Emilio - thanks - I just downloaded Rev 63 and copied it over, and it works fine now.

However - the Zip that you get when you click 'Export to Codesourcery' may still contain the old version of the library. Do you know how I'd check? Is there a file somewhere in the mbed library that says what revision is was from?

08 May 2013

Yes, when you select a library with the mouse in the online IDE this information is displayed in the "Build Details" panel on the right, including an "Update" button to update your library to the latest revision.

08 May 2013

Thanks for the quick responses - It makes sense - but I hadn't realised that I'd have to manually update the library.