Where did the favorites go?

17 Jul 2012

Did the favorites or starred functionality disappear with the collaboration update to the site? If so, can we get an email report of people / pages / projects that we were following or will this automatically update at a later time? The new follow button doesn't seem to show up in the user homepage either. I wouldn't mind making bookmarks of those old pages.

17 Jul 2012

Hi Paul, you now can find most of them in the http://mbed.org/dashboard/ page, linked from the top set of links.

17 Jul 2012

Are old programs that I followed there too? I haven't looked at this in a while but it seems like I was following more.

21 Oct 2012

I can see some old topics I was once following in "My Dashboard", but can't see how to add any new ones.

I don't see the "star" (add to favourites) icon anywhere on the mbed site anymore - although I do see a "Keep me updated via email" checkbox. I don't really want to be emailed, but even if I check that box, the topic still doesn't get added to "My Dashboard".

So how do I add a page to "My Dashboard"?

21 Oct 2012

OK, I do see a "Follow" button for notebook pages etc, but not for forum posts (which you could follow at one time, because I still have such a topic in "My dashboard"). I guess you can't follow a forum topic any more - was that deliberate?

22 Oct 2012

Hi Andrew,

Yes, you can no longer follow forum topics (as of several months ago). You can still subscribe to topics to get email alerts however.

I'd be happy to consider re-adding this functionality if people find it useful, and I'd also be very keen to hear any suggestions you might have for improvements to the 'dashboard' page.

Dan

22 Oct 2012

Hi Dan,

I certainly miss the feature & would welcome it being re-introduced.

I found it easier to have a list of pages that I referred to rather than having to trawl through lots of e-mails, though I'm guessing that I could set up a notebook page with links to my pages of interest in the meantime...

Cheers, Jez