Some suggestions to online compiler

12 Sep 2012

Hi! I have some suggestions to improve the online compiler: - It would be nice to have a "find and replace" button, not only the [Strg]+[F] combination. If possible a checklist, like the "Workspace" for menu bar buttons? To change the IDE for own workflow. - The option Compile only with showing warnings, to test it online. I do not want to click each time cancel download. - The option Recompile all. There were some issues with the preprocessor directive DATE and TIME, because it compiles only changed files (thats good!)

-deleted-
12 Sep 2012

Hi BlazeX,

Thank you for your feedback and your suggestions!

We are already considering adding the checklists mode for multiple file selections and actions in the very near future.
The Compile only option existed in the long past and we may reintroduce it under the Compile button dropdown.

The Find and Replace button already exists and is located on the main bar - the binocular icon.
The Recompile All feature exists as well, and is under the Compile button dropdown, named Compile All.

Once again thanks for the ideas!

Mihail

12 Sep 2012

Hi Mihail,

I must have been blind! Sorry for my button issue.

But, I have tried Compile All, but nothing happens?!

-deleted-
14 Sep 2012

Hi BlazeX,

The Compile All option is designed to recompile all files regardless if they have been compiled in the past (no caching, no incremental builds).
Could you please publish an example that fails to recompile all files when Compile All option is being used?

On a different note, the Compile Only option will be available for testing next Monday (17th Sept) on betamode.
The option can be accessed through the Compile button dropdown or Ctrl+B, F8 keyboard shortcuts.
Once again thanks for the suggestions!

Mihail

14 Sep 2012

Hi Mihail,

I even noticed, that both options in the popup "Compile" and "Compile All" are not working, they are doing nothing. The common "Compile" is working, always.

Here is an example: http://mbed.org/users/BlazeX/code/FirstTry/

I am using IE9 by the way.

-deleted-
14 Sep 2012

Hi BlazeX,

Thank you for the bug report.
I can confirm that the functionality is regressed on IE9 and will be fixed with the next release.
In the meantime you can try betamode where the dropdown options work as intended.
The betamode contains many new features as well - even the Compile Only option you suggested! (see my previous post)

Mihail

03 Jul 2014

-deleted- wrote:

I too missed this, would suggest it's an option when you right click a file/folder/library/program, when find is. Or at least if you click 'Advanced' next to the text field.