RSS Feeds broken - Using unqualified URLs

10 Aug 2012

1. The RSS feeds contain multiple href/src link URLs that are not fully qualified.

Quote:

<a href="/users/llumpu/" >

Quote:

src="/media/profiles/e17aeca56fab22ce30ac615e72cc64e5_16x16_crop_sharpen_upscale_q85.jpg"/>

Quote:

<a href="/forum/bugs-suggestions/post/18780/">Read more</a>

This makes it impossible to effectively use the RSS feed in anything but a browser.

2. You should be using PubSubHubBub publishing https://code.google.com/p/pubsubhubbub/

This will cut down dramatically on the amount of RSS polling against your site by well behaved RSS aggregators (mine included) and give instant (nearly) feed updates to your consumers!

3. There is a silly amount of white space embedded in the content and title element sections.

Cheers, and TIA.

17 Aug 2012

I'm sure that you guys have been incredibly busy with the infrastructure move, and this is probably a low priority item, but could I get a quick response on this to know where you stand on this...

Thanks

17 Aug 2012

Hi Neal,

Apologies for the lack of response! We will try to get the URLs fixed next week. As a slightly longer term activity we'll look at more realtime updates/feeds.

Thanks,

Dan

17 Aug 2012

Thanks Dan.

I've been through the PubSubHubBub process using Google's hub, so please feel free to ping me with questions. It looks harder that it actually is...