Bluetooth Low Energy Expansion Board
The X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 expansion board provides Bluetooth low energy connectivity for developer applications and can be plugged onto an STM32 Nucleo development board (e.g., NUCLEO-L476RG with ultra-low power STM32 microcontroller) through its Arduino UNO R3 connectors.
The expansion board features the Bluetooth® v5.0 compliant and FCC certified BlueNRG-M2SP application processor module based on the ST BlueNRG-2 System-on-Chip. This SoC manages the complete Bluetooth low energy stack and protocols on its Cortex-M0 core and programmable Flash, which can accommodate custom applications developed using the SDK. The BlueNRG-M2SP module supports master and slave modes, increased transfer rates with data length extension (DLE), and AES-128 security encryption. The X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 interfaces with the STM32 Nucleo microcontroller via SPI connections and GPIO pins, some of which can be configured by the hardware.
- Based on the BlueNRG-M2SP module FCC certified module (FCC ID: S9NBNRGM2SP and IC: B976C-BNRGM2SP)
- Compatible with STM32 Nucleo boards
- Equipped with Arduino UNO R3 connector
- Scalable solution, capable of cascading multiple boards for larger systems
- Free comprehensive development firmware library and examples for BlueNRG-2 compatible with STM32Cube
- Bluetooth v5.0 compliant
- Supports master and slave modes
- BLE data packet length extension
- Embedded BALF-NRG-02D3 integrated matched balun with harmonic filter
- 1 UART, 1 I²C, 1 SPI, 14 GPIOs, 2 multifunction timers, 10-bit ADC, Watchdog & RTC, DMA controller, PDM stream processor, SWD debug interface
- Small form factor: 11.5mmx13.5mm
- Complemented with Bluetooth low energy protocol stack library (GAP, GATT, SM, L2CAP, LL)
- AES security co-processor
- Bluetooth low energy SDK with a wide range of profiles
- Embedded BlueNRG-2 BLE SoC:
- High performance, ultra-low power Cortex-M0 32-bit based core
- Programmable embedded 256 KB Flash
- 24 KB embedded RAM with data retention
- Up to +8 dBm available output power
- Down to -88 dBm Rx sensitivity
- Up to 96 dB link budget with excellent link reliability
Check notes about enabling the configuration the BlueNRG2 shield.
FW update required
Please read the instructions on how to update the firmware of the X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 shield
Further information and ordering
The X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 can be purchased directly from ST web site.
The page provides additional documents like a user manual, a quick start guide, schematics, gerber files and bill of materials.
You need to log in to post a discussion