u-blox C027 Getting Started
Rapid Prototyping for Internet of Things applications
- LISA-C(CDMA), LISA-U(W-CDMA/3G) or SARA(GSM/2G) Celluar modem
- NXP LPC1768 MCU
- High performance ARM® Cortex™-M3 Core
- 96MHz, 64KB RAM, 512KB FLASH
- Ethernet, 1xSPI, 1xI2C, 1xUART, CAN, 6xPWM, 6xADC, GPIO
- USB Host (for LISA modem) or UART for (LISA/SARA modem)
- UART or I2C for GPS/GNSS
- Prototyping form-factor
- 5V USB for the CMSIS-DAP interface
- 12v ±10% for Target
- Built-in USB drag 'n' drop FLASH programmer
- mbed Enabled
- mbed.org Developer Website
- Lightweight Online Compiler
- High level C/C++ SDK
Schematics, Gerbers and BOM
Full detailed documentation for the different variants (revision C) is available for download here:
Full detailed documentation for the previous variant (revision B) is available for download here:
For early prototypes (revision A) use older documentation.
Getting Started with mbed
1. Connect your mbed to a PC
Connect the power (12V) on the barrel connector or the pin header. Connect a USB cable to the C027 and the PC. The status lights will come on. After a few seconds of activity, the PC will recognise the u-blox-C027 as a standard USB drive.
External Power Supply is recommended !
Due to the USB current limitation, optimal RF performance can be achieved only by supplying the board either through the 12 V DC In connector or the VIN pin of the row connector.
|Windows XP example||Mac OS X example|
2. Click the MBED.HTM link to get logged in
Go to the new USB Drive, and click MBED.HTM to open it in a web browser.
If you do not have an mbed account, choose "Signup", and create your mbed Account. Otherwise, log in with your normal username and password.
This will give you access to the website, tools, libraries and documentation.
3. Have Fun!
Your account is now ready and you can start using your u-blox-C027 !
A good starting point is to download a pre-compiled program, so that you get used to downloading and running programs before you start compiling your own.
16 comments on u-blox C027 Getting Started:
Please log in to post comments.