Important changes to forums and questions
All forums and questions are now archived. To start a new conversation or read the latest updates go to forums.mbed.com.
3 years, 8 months ago.
xDot and Linux: Can't find serial port
- I have two modules, both of which are accessible on Windows over serial.
- I need to switch to running from Linux, specifically Ubuntu 14.04
- Linux does not give any serial port for the modules
- However, I see 2 XDOT drives when I plug in
- I am able to copy .bin files to the drives, but I also need to write commands to them over serial port
- I followed all the steps in the manual (https://www.multitech.com/documents/publications/manuals/s000645.pdf). It says I should see ports at /dev/ttyACM* but I do not have that at all.
- I downloaded mbed-ls package (http://github.com/ARMmbed/mbed-ls.git). It returns serial_port as "unknown" for each device, but platform name, platform name unique, mount point and target id are all listed