Important changes to questions
We’re making some changes to Mbed Questions. From 10th December 2019 this site will be archived and new questions should be asked on our new forum site. Until that date you can continue to reply to existing questions here but can’t ask new questions.
4 years, 6 months ago.
compiling cmsis dap using Keil for creating LPC11Uxx_LPC1768_if
I am using LPC1768 mbed board, and trying to compile and run the interface firmware from https://github.com/mbedmicro/CMSIS-DAP I am using Keil ARM MDK with the legacy packages http://www2.keil.com/mdk5/legacy as mentioned in the thread https://developer.mbed.org/questions/2318/How-to-Build-HDK-Firmware/
But I've not been able to run the binary successfully yet.
1) Because I only have eval version Keil, I had to use atleast -O2 level optimization to bring the code size under 32K and succcessfully generate the binary. So, have anyone tried -O2 and the resulting binary for interface firmware worked ?
2) Also the mbed website says the interface cpu is LPC11U24. https://developer.mbed.org/handbook/Firmware-LPC1768-LPC11U24. However the source code has only LPC11U35 and k20dx128. And I tried the former. Could that be the reason why the interface firmware binary did not work? I tried to select "LPC11U24" from the Device list in project Options tab. However this did not make any difference.
3) I then tried to concatenate the bootloader too following steps in https://developer.mbed.org/handbook/cmsis-dap-interface-firmware ( although I saw a post that said it is not required since ROM has bootloader at https://developer.mbed.org/questions/4682/cmsis-dap-project-problems-generating-fi/ ) But I got stuck at this error below. I thought "Image" was the final concatenated file, but I am getting the error that it is missing ??
$ python concat.py -i LPC11U35 -t LPC1768 [WARNING] Using default settings. Define your settings in the file private_settings.py Generating image for (if: LPC11U35, target: LPC1768) Bootloader: /cygdrive/c/Users/root/Downloads/CMSIS-DAP-master/bootloader/mdk/lpc11u35/Obj/lpc11u35_bootloader.axf Interface : /cygdrive/c/Users/root/Downloads/CMSIS-DAP-master/interface/mdk/lpc11u35/Obj/lpc11u35_lpc1768_if_mbed_bootloader.axf Image : /cygdrive/c/Users/root/Downloads/CMSIS-DAP-master/tools/tmp/if_lpc11u35__target_lpc1768.bin Traceback (most recent call last): File "concat.py", line 69, in <module> gen_binary(bootloader_elf, TMP_BOOTLOADER_BIN_PATH, is_lpc(options.interface)) File "/cygdrive/c/Users/root/Downloads/CMSIS-DAP-master/tools/utils.py", line 36, in gen_binary run_cmd([FROMELF, '--bin', '--output=%s' % output, input]) File "/cygdrive/c/Users/root/Downloads/CMSIS-DAP-master/tools/utils.py", line 25, in run_cmd p = Popen(command, stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE, cwd=wd) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__ errread, errwrite) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1327, in _execute_child raise child_exception OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
3) Anyway, I tried to copy the LPC11U35_LPC1768_if.bin ( as this poster was able to do, https://developer.mbed.org/questions/4682/cmsis-dap-project-problems-generating-fi/) file to the flash and then power cycled the board. But, , the application for LPC1768 did not get loaded and run.
4) Then I tried to download from Keil ( cmsis_dap selected from Debug dialog and also unchecked SWJ ) and I got the error:
Processing completed, no Errors.
After Build - User command #2: fromelf --bin -o "C:\Users\root\Downloads\CMSIS-DAP-master\interface\mdk\lpc11u35\Obj\lpc11u35_lpc1768\lpc11u35_lpc1768_if.bin" "C:\Users\root\Downloads\CMSIS-DAP-master\interface\mdk\lpc11u35\Obj\lpc11u35_lpc1768\lpc11u35_lpc1768_if.axf"
".\Obj\lpc11u35_lpc1768\lpc11u35_lpc1768_if.axf" - 0 Error(s), 13 Warning(s).
Build Time Elapsed: 00:00:14
lpc11u35_lpc1768_if.axf" Cannot access Memory (@ 0x40048000, Write, Acc Size: 4 Byte) Cannot access Memory Error: Flash Download failed - Target DLL has been cancelled
So apparently, I have exhausted all options that I could find on the internet and now at a real dead end. What are the mistakes that I could be making- what needs to be fixed ?
You need to log in to post a question