The nRF52840 Development Kit is a single-board development kit for Bluetooth low energy, ANT, 802.15.4, and 2.4 GHz proprietary applications using the nRF52840 SoC.
The kit is compatible with the Arduino Uno Revision 3 standard, making it possible to use third-party shields that are compatible with this standard together with the kit.
- Nordic nRF52840 System-on-Chip
- Combining Bluetooth 5 compliant, ANT, and IEEE 802.15.4 2.4 GHz multiprotocol radio
- On-chip NFC tag
- On-chip USB 2.0 (Full speed) device controller
- ARM® Cortex®-M4F processor optimized for ultra-low power operation
- ARM® TrustZone® CryptoCell-310 cryptographic accelerator
- 1 MB FLASH
- 256 kB RAM
- Arduino Uno Rev. 3 compatible connector for use with third-party shields
- All I/O and interfaces available via connectors
- External 64-Mb QSPI FLASH memory
- USB drag-and-drop programming and USB Virtual COM port for serial terminal
- Segger J-Link and CMSIS-DAP interface for programming and debugging from offline tools and pyOCD
- Pluggable NFC antenna
- Connector for RF measurements
- Pins for power consumption measurements
- nRF52840 USB connector
- Accepts power through:
- External source (1.8V-3.6V)
- Single 2032 coin cell battery, onboard battery holder
The latest Arm Mbed DAPLink interface firmware for the nRF52-DK is available at (click the image):
Nordic Semiconductor provides a wireless protocol stack called the SoftDevice. The SoftDevice is precompiled into a binary image and functionally verified according to the wireless protocol specification, so that all you have to think about is creating the application.
compiled binary size
For the default DK mbed target, any mbed build tools (online IDE, mbed CLI) will put the SoftDevice and the user application together into a binary file intended to program your development kit. Be aware of the SoftDevice size – it adds more than a hundred KB to any compiled binaries.
Further information about the type of Nordic’s target is available in nRF5 ReadMe.
You can find detailed information about this platform on the nRF52840 PDK page.
For any nRF52840-PDK related questions, you can also search and post questions on NORDIC DEVELOPER ZONE
You need to log in to post a discussion
1 year, 5 months ago
1 year, 7 months ago
1 year, 8 months ago
1 year, 8 months ago