The NuMaker IoT Platform is an Internet of Things (IoT) application focused platform specially developed by Nuvoton. It supports Arm Mbed OS v5 as well as Arduino and mikroBUS interfaces, and is ideal for arrays of IoT application development for prototype designs with sensors and wireless modules.
The NuMaker-IoT-M487 is also equipped with plenty of peripherals, such as timers, watchdog timers, RTC, PDMA, EBI, UART, smart card interface, SD host, SPI, I²C, I²S, PWM, GPIO, LIN, CAN, PS/2, 12-bit ADC, analog comparator, operational amplifier, temperature sensor, low voltage reset controller and brown-out detector. The NuMaker-IoT-M487 also provides Ethernet 10/100 MAC with RMII interface, USB 2.0 FS device/host/OTG, USB 2.0 HS device/host/OTG and security functions such as tamper detection, symmetric cryptographic accelerator and secure hash function accelerator. The NuMaker-IoT-M487 has been designed by Nuvoton in collaboration with Mbed for prototyping all sorts of devices, especially those requiring the size and excellent price performance ratio offered by Cortex-M4®. It is packaged as a development board with connectors to break out to strip board and breadboard.
NuMaker-IoT-M487 Platform Features¶
- NuMicro M487JIDAE MCU
- ARM® Cortex®-M4F core running up to 192 MHz
- Supports DSP extension
- 512 Kbytes Flash memory
- 160 Kbytes embedded SRAM
- SPI (4)
- I2C (3)
- I2S (1)
- UART (6)
- High Speed and Full Speed USB OTG / Host / Device
- PWM (32)
- ADC (16 x 12bit with mux)
- DAC (2 x 12bit)
On-board peripherals and expansion
- 2 x buttons, 3 x LEDs
- Bosch BMX055 9-axis motion sensor
- Nuvoton NAU88L25 Audio Codec
- 4M bytes SPI Flash
- Wi-Fi module
- 10/100Mbps RJ45 Ethernet port
- MicroSD card socket
- Arduino expansion header
- mikroBUS expansion header
- Nuvoton NuMaker Brick I2C header
- Simulated CMOS image sensor interface
- Integrated Nu-Link Me USB debugger/emulator with debug out functionality
- Supports mbed drag-and-drop programming and virtual COM port
Windows serial port driver
- NuMaker USB Driver (including Nu-Link) DOWNLOAD
- For more information on this board, please click HERE to download user manual.
ICE Firmware Update¶
DAP Link Interface Firmware Update
The board is fitted with an NUC12SRE3DE MCU running the DAPLink interface firmware to provide three main functions over a single physical USB connection.
- USB disk “drag and drop” programming – ideal for fast prototyping or in-field upgradable products.
- Debug interface using the Nu-Link – provides full debug capability with tools like Keil MDK.
- USB serial interface between the host computer and the target.
Currently no update required.
- Set MSG switch (No.4 of ISW1 on ICE) to ON. (It should be default at ON position)
- Download NuMaker ICE firmware file Download
- There is ICE firmware file "NuLink1FW.bin"
- Keep pressing DAP button and connect the USB port to your PC. A Nu_Link drive will be mounted. (Not Mbed drive)
- Copy the "NuLink1FW.bin" to the Nu_Link drive.
- When copy done, disconnect USB.
If you have any question, please visit NuForum.
You need to log in to post a discussion