The NuMaker-IoT-M263A is a development board based on NuMicro®-M263 microcontroller with low power. Nuvoton NuMicro® M263 microcontroller series is empowered by Arm® Cortex®-M23 core for Armv8-M architecture. More, the NuMaker-IoT-M263A consists of two parts, the M263 platform with popular on-board wireless-connectivity/sensor modules, and an on-board Nu-Link2-Me debugger and programmer.
M263 Series Microcontroller Features¶
The NuMicro® M263 series is based on Arm® Cortex®-M23 core for Armv8-M architecture, it is a low-power microcontroller platform and could run up to 64 MHz with 512 Kbytes embedded Flash memory and 96 Kbytes embedded SRAM. The operating voltage is from 1.8 ~ 3.6V and operating temperature range is from -40℃ ~ +105 ℃. Furthermore, the M263 series also provides high-performance connectivity peripheral interfaces such as UART, SPI, I2C, GPIOs, USB and a 3.76 MSPS ADC for sensing data from sensor devices to fulfill a variety of application scenarios. Its low-power and high-performance connectivity features strengthen the innovation of IoT.
- M263KIAAE based on Arm® Cortex®-M23 core
- Running up tp 64 MHz
- Voltage range: 1.62V to 3.63 V
- Temperature range: -40°C to +105°C
- Up to 512 KB of dual bank flash memory
- Up to 96 KB SRAM
NuMaker IoT-M263A Board Features¶
The NuMaker-IoT-M263A provides popular wireless connectivity modules that used in IoT applications, include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and LoRa modules. The NuMaker-IoT-M263A also supports a mini PCIe connector for inserting external modules to realize 3G/4G/NB-IoT connectivity functions, such as QUECTEL BG96/EC21 modules. Besides, the NuMaker-IoT-M263A integrates BOSCH environmental sensor and 9-axis sensor for acceleration, geo-magnetics, gas, barometric pressure, temperature and humidity sensing. Furthermore, the NuMaker-IoT-M263A supports CAN and RS485 transceiver for industrial control application.
The Nu-Link2-Me is a debugger and programmer that supports on-line programming and debugging through SWD interface. The Nu-Link2-Me provides virtual COM port ( VCOM ) function to print out messages on PC. The Nu-Link2-Me can be separated from NuMaker-IoT-M263A, allowing user to use it as a mass production programming tool.
- On-board Nu-Link2-Me ICE Bridge (Mass storage as USB Disk drive) for drag and drop programming
- Arduino UNO compatible interface
- M263 extended interface connectors
- Mini PCIe connector with SIM card connector
- On-board modules: Wi-Fi module(ESP12-F), Bluetooth module(MDBT42Q-PAT), LoRa module(APC1278 for 408/433/470 MHz), Cellar module(Quectel EC21)
- On-board sensors: Environmental sensor(BME680), 9-axis sensor(BMX055)
- CAN and RS485 transceiver
- MicroSD card connector
- Arduino UNO compatible extension connectors
- Ammeter connector for measuring the microcontroller’s power consumption
- Two push-buttons: one is for reset and the other is for user-defined
- One LED for user-defined
Arduino UNO Compatible Interface
- Integrated Nu-Link2 Me USB debugger/emulator with debug out functionality
- Supports mbed drag-and-drop programming and virtual COM port
Windows serial port driver
- NuMaker USB Driver( including Nu-Link ) Download
- NuMaker ICE firmware upgrade (TBD)
DAP Link Interface Firmware Update
The Nuvoton mbed NuMaker boards are fitted with the M485SIDAE MCU running the DAPLink interface firmware to provide three main functions over a single physical USB connection.
- USB disk “drag and drop” programming – ideal for fast prototyping or in-field upgradable products.
- Debug interface using the Nu-Link – provides full debug capability with tools like Keil MDK.
- USB serial interface between the host computer and the target.
For Windows/Linux/MacOS and other platforms
- Set MSG switch (No.4 of ISW1 on ICE) to ON. (It should be default at ON position)
- Download NuMaker ICE firmware file Download
- Keep pressing DAP button and connect the USB port to your PC. A Nu_Link drive will be mounted. (Not Mbed drive)
- Copy the "NuLink2FW.bin" to the Nu-Link2 drive.
- When the duplication is done, disconnect USB
As While DAP Button Not Work
- Browse new ICP programming tool from Programming Software
- Choose and download new ICP tool, fox ex ICP_Programming_Tool_V3.01.6951.zip
- Install ICP tool
- Open ICP tool -> choose M261 series -> press connect -> choose to upgrade as new version, for ex v6951 -> Close ICP tool
- You could see “NuMicro” disk drive in mass mode and see “Nu-Link2” drive as while keep pressing DAP button
You need to log in to post a discussion