mbed ethernet NXPDriverlibraries problem

I am trying to get ethernet working using the NXPDriverLibraries from http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/NXPDriverLibraries

I am using red_suite and have created a lpc17xx project there and included the drivers from the driver package.

I have already checked if my ethernet is working with a example from the cookbook from this site and that was ok.

During the initialization of the emac driver from that package my system hangs and i don't understand what I am doing wrong.

In the emac driver there is a reset procedure:

/* Reset all EMAC internal modules */
LPC_EMAC->MAC1    = EMAC_MAC1_RES_TX | EMAC_MAC1_RES_MCS_TX | EMAC_MAC1_RES_RX | EMAC_MAC1_RES_MCS_RX | EMAC_MAC1_SIM_RES | EMAC_MAC1_SOFT_RES;
LPC_EMAC->Command = EMAC_CR_REG_RES | EMAC_CR_TX_RES | EMAC_CR_RX_RES | EMAC_CR_PASS_RUNT_FRM;
When I comment those 2 lines the system doesn't hang, but then if I want to check if there is data received with the EMAC_CheckReceiveIndex function the system hangs again.

This function does nothing more then comparing 2 registers:

Bool EMAC_CheckReceiveIndex(void)
{
	if (LPC_EMAC->RxConsumeIndex != LPC_EMAC->RxProduceIndex) {
		return TRUE;
	} else {
		return FALSE;
	}
}

In my main function I call the  SystemInit(); function and I init the pins and call the EMAC_init function as following:

PINSEL_CFG_Type EmacPin;
EMAC_CFG_Type ethConfig;

EmacPin.Portnum = PINSEL_PORT_1;
EmacPin.Funcnum = PINSEL_FUNC_1;

/* TXD0 */
EmacPin.Pinnum = PINSEL_PIN_0;
PINSEL_ConfigPin(&EmacPin);

/* TXD1 */
EmacPin.Pinnum = PINSEL_PIN_1;
PINSEL_ConfigPin(&EmacPin);

/* RXD0 */
EmacPin.Pinnum = PINSEL_PIN_9;