No serial avaiable in Teraterm

10 Jan 2013

I've just moved on to a 64bit windows XP machine and despite the installation of Teraterm and the mBed serial driver looking right I can't get a serial connection. In set-up connection the serial radio button is greyed out, am I missing something? Best Robin

10 Jan 2013

Ok found it, in device manager the mBed was showing an error, clicking update driver put it in properly and it is now working!

23 Nov 2013

Hi Robin,

I am having the same problem. What device manager on the mbed are you referring to? How did you update the driver?

23 Nov 2013

Device Manager is in Windows Control Panel. The mbed Serial Port device is listed under Ports (COM & LPT). Open up the Properties dialog for the mbed Serial Port device and select the Driver tab to update the driver. Select Help from the Device Manager menu if you need more information.

30 Jun 2015

Thanks. I updated the driver; then unplugged the MBed; closed tera term; plugged the Mbed back in; opened tera term back up and it worked fine.

23 Oct 2015
30 Oct 2015

I'm using Chrome, when I compile the nuclear printf, it is downloaded to my 'Download' folder of my win7 PC. Then I copy the binary file in F401RE board but I don't see the pc.printf message on the COM16 port (using teraterm) What's wrong?

31 Oct 2015

Make sure that COM16 is actually the com port for the nucleo: Do you see it appear/disappear in the windows devicelist when you plug-in/unplug the nucleo? Is the nucleo code actually executing? Did you reset the board and maybe add a blinking LED as extra check. Are the teraterm settings correct for the default nucleo serial port (8 databits, 9600baud).

31 Oct 2015

Wim Huiskamp, Hi, it's in the device manager list as COM16, sure it's the board(V-LINK..stuff). I'm not sure it starts running when I copy the binary to the board. Maybe I'll test using blinky example before printf. I have the board at work and I'll try when I get to work. By the way, in the demo video, the compiling action lets us to do 'save as' for the compiled image but in my case it's just downloaded to my 'Download' folder, I'm not sure it's relevant to my problem. Thanks.