compiling problem with mbed website updates

13 Jul 2012

I've been away for a couple weeks trying to work on other aspects of my project and I come back to find a new mbed website. I also come back and find some of my code will not compile that used to be fine. I get lots of errors that were not there before. Other pieces will compile and run fine, but they tend to be simpler programs, helloworld, basic analog input/output things.

Is it just me? The skeleton of what I'm working with is ethernettester:

Import programEthernetTester

See http://mbed.org/users/no2chem/notebook/ethernet-testing/ For usage information.

On this, I get an error 20 on line 60 - "identifier "time_t" is undefined" There are plenty of other errors, but my belief is that I should always start with the first error and work down from there.

Is this a result of the new mbed website updates? What's going on?

13 Jul 2012

Hi Jeff,

There was a problem with some programs using very old libraries. However this should now be largely fixed as of a couple of hours ago. You should have only seen the problem if you opened the program within the last week.

Perhaps if you drop support@mbed.org an email with the name of the workspace program you're having problems with, we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Dan