high speed usb and spdif

10 Jul 2011

Do you know of any good high speed usb education boards for audio. I want a eduction board for high speed usb and spdif. Must have successive approximation register. I plan to try to turn the mbed into a spdif and usb audio interface. But don't know where to start

11 Jul 2011

If anybody interested somebody told me about this, but I forgot about it.. it's not high speed tho, I don't think, does not look like there is any high speed usb IC, But it does look to have some good audio examples and with a bit of work I think it is possible to port the examples to mbed.

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9931

Blueboard LPC1768-H

16 Jul 2011
16 Jul 2011

I actual wanted to know of about any IC's on this one or of a eduction board, but thanks for the code..

16 Jul 2011

Oh ok. Well that board doesn't have any thing more than what you already have on the mbed or the LPCXpresso.

Would an mbed base board with audio chip, LED drivers, USB OTG & POE(Power over Ethernet IEEE 802.3af)... of any interest to you ?

16 Jul 2011

I just found out I should not need high speed now hopefully mbed should provide everything that I want:)

what board are you talking about tho.. I have lpcxpresso base board.. not got around to working on it yet tho:)

16 Jul 2011

I got the cool components 2 board.. is no regulators for any usb ports tho...

not sure if all laptops are built with regulated output tho.. but I would of thought its better to be safe than sorry and use regulators... for usb ports that are on that board..

if i was building it I would of put regulators on it and the esd usb protection thing that I think I have spoke about nxp sells.

16 Jul 2011

It's my board. I'm working on one that works for both mbed & LPCXpresso. PM me if you wish to know more