Capacitor input

03 Jun 2011

I went and brought a Clip-on Ferrite in the 50 105 mhz and wind around the wires 6 times lol guess it not that range still sound like I am tuned into a untune radio station, maybe nxp can send me one of them fancy scopes:) and then I can find out what range this is on.

Somebody get their fancy scope out and measure what they get,when connect by the usb for power on aout.

05 Jun 2011

Looks like I had to put the 50 105 mhz ferrite on the postive mic input pin and then I have one on the positive aout pin, made better:) other problems I need to fix now.

07 Jun 2011

Hari Perev wrote:

The settling time of the DAC is 1 μs max, and the maximum current is 700 μA. This allows a maximum update rate of 1 MHz. 0 1 The settling time of the DAC is 2.5 μs and the maximum current is 350 μA. This allows a maximum update rate of 400 kHz. 31:17 - Reserved, user software should not write ones to reserved bits. The value read from a reserved bit is not defined

The settling times noted in the description of the BIAS bit are valid for a capacitance load on the AOUT pin not exceeding 100 pF. A load impedance value greater than that value will cause settling time longer than the specified time. One or more graph(s) of load impedance vs. settling time will be included in the final data sheet.

So it would seem that I need to measure the settling time of analog output with a scope to determine what capacitance to use, as you can see wrong capacitance will cause longer settling times, is that correct:)

Where is that big fancy scope I need:)

11 Jun 2011

Philips Philips wrote:

Hari Perev wrote:

The settling time of the DAC is 1 μs max, and the maximum current is 700 μA. This allows a maximum update rate of 1 MHz. 0 1 The settling time of the DAC is 2.5 μs and the maximum current is 350 μA. This allows a maximum update rate of 400 kHz. 31:17 - Reserved, user software should not write ones to reserved bits. The value read from a reserved bit is not defined

The settling times noted in the description of the BIAS bit are valid for a capacitance load on the AOUT pin not exceeding 100 pF. A load impedance value greater than that value will cause settling time longer than the specified time. One or more graph(s) of load impedance vs. settling time will be included in the final data sheet.

So it would seem that I need to measure the settling time of analog output with a scope to determine what capacitance to use, as you can see wrong capacitance will cause longer settling times, is that correct:)

If I want the dac to have a maxium update rate of 48khz what size picofarad do I need anybody.

It say this in data sheet where is this graph???

One or more graph(s) of load impedance vs. settling time will be included in the final data sheet.

11 Jun 2011

Philips Philips wrote:

Philips Philips wrote:

Hari Perev wrote:

If I want the dac to have a maxium update rate of 48khz what size picofarad do I need anybody.

It say this in data sheet where is this graph???

One or more graph(s) of load impedance vs. settling time will be included in the final data sheet.

Ha lol

Hmmm...

We put a 15 picofarad on analog input postive wire pin and then a 1000 picofarad on analog out postive wire non polarized and so far so good:) we least amount of click yet

Would be nice if I had a scope to measure tho:)