Exact width between header rows

11 Apr 2012

Hi.

I haven't been able to find any exact information about the width between the rows of the mbed, only that it's a "DIP form factor", whatever that means.

The handbook tells the height and width of the whole unit (54mmx26mm) but not the width between the 0.1 inch header pin rows. I suppose this is in inches since it fits breadboards.

Could anyone provide me with the width between the headers, or if it exists an exact mechanical layout of the mbed?

Thanks.

11 Apr 2012

They're 8 holes apart (0.8"?). On a typical breadboard with 10 columns A-J, plug into columns B and I, leaving A and J visible.

11 Apr 2012

Thanks FRiC. It sounds logical, sorry for the dumb question but I don't have the mbed here.

Does anyone have a component layout and outline for the mbed in for example the dxf-format?

It would simplify my job of making a 3d represenation of the mbed in Altium.

11 Apr 2012

The spacing between the two rows is 0.9" as discussed in this thread:

http://mbed.org/forum/electronics/topic/1926/?page=1#comment-9701

Chuck, W5UXH

Tomas Johansen wrote:

Hi.

I haven't been able to find any exact information about the width between the rows of the mbed, only that it's a "DIP form factor", whatever that means.

The handbook tells the height and width of the whole unit (54mmx26mm) but not the width between the 0.1 inch header pin rows. I suppose this is in inches since it fits breadboards.

Could anyone provide me with the width between the headers, or if it exists an exact mechanical layout of the mbed?

Thanks.