LPC11u24 & LPC1768 programmer

16 Feb 2013

Hi, I´ve been working on a product based on both LPC chips. Looking though the forums, i´ve seen that the code generated in my prototipes (using both mbed boards) will work directly when i program the chips in the final board. But what i don´t have so clear, is what programmer to use. I´ve seen that the mbed itself can work as programmer but i would like to use a more..."pro" solution. So does any one have a good reference (and cheap, please!)

By the way, i don´t know if other users had the same experience, but is f&%&ing fast to work with this... i´m using both models just because it makes easier the programming and the final boards, and i can improve upgrades easier (one lpc will take care of lcd, leds, buttons...and the other one will take care of coms, meassurements...). Faster, easier and cheaper than arduino chips. The only lack, is that there is no off-line compiler, but just because i don´t have always access to internet signal.

16 Feb 2013

You can use the (free) Flashmagic software to program the LPC through UART0. Other options are to implement the JTAG or SWD port and use a programmer like J-link by Segger (or one of the many clones).

Offline compiling is possible too (eg Keil or ARM GCC), checkout the pages on the mbed website how to export your existing code and the mbed libs.

17 Feb 2013

I think there will be something announced soon from the mbed team regarding programming production solutions. Maybe this will make this task very easy in the future?