Save - Compile hang

08 May 2013

I have a minor problem with the IDE. While developing code I tend to click the save button just to make sure I don't loose anything, however when I wish to compile, by habit I click "Save" and then "Compile" in quick succession and the compiler hangs with the message box "Saving Files", but nothing else happens. If I refresh the display the program recovers and save is greyed out indicating success. I can then compile and download successfully.

If I just click Compile, it saves, compiles and downloads as expected.

So I assume it is my bad habit of selecting Save and then Compile before the current save has finished and then instigated another save by clicking compile?

As said it's a minor problem that's within my control, but thought I would bring to your attention.

-deleted-
08 May 2013

Hi Kevin,

First off, thanks for the bug report!
We've recently changed the behavior of compile (+save) action which probably has to do with the issue you are experiencing.
Can you tell us the name and the version of the browser you're using?
Also, can you please try turning on beta mode and tell us if the behavior persists. The beta mode can be activated here - https://mbed.org/betamode/

Thanks in advance.

Mihail

08 May 2013

I'm currently using IE V9.0.8112.16421 on Win7.

Sorry, but I'll try beta mode another time though as I can't afford the risk of problems at the moment

08 May 2013

Just checked in FireFox 20.0.1 and that behaves the same.

-deleted-
09 May 2013

Hi Kevin,

We've fixed the UI issue on the live mbed Compiler.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you spot any other issue.

Cheers,
Mihail

10 May 2013

Hi.

I'm having a new issue, I think after this issue was solved.

If I press the save button (or chtrl+s) without there actually being any changed files, the compiler hangs in some sort of loop.

I'm running Chrome on Windows 7.

-deleted-
10 May 2013

Hi Tomas,

That issue is fixed now as well.
Thanks for reporting it.

Cheers,
Mihail