Suggestion: Customize Colors in Compiler

14 Jun 2011

So, I hope I'm not alone here....but it would be absolutely the best thing to happen here if we could have theme's or custom colors for the compiler..

The white background is destroying my vision!

Thanks!

14 Jun 2011

Hi Mark,

We don't have that feature at the moment. .

However I can confirm that the compiler appears to work with the firefox extension color-that-site which allows you to adjust the colours in any way you might like. Choosing 'invert colors' on both background and foreground seems to be perfectly usable.

16 Jun 2011

I agree.. I actually use Chrome mainly and it also has a similar plugin...The problem is, at least with this plugin the +'s and -'s to expand and collapse the items in the list are difficult to see...as in the color of those are never changed, they are always black...even if the text is green and the background is black... =(

16 Jun 2011

I should also note that the colors are all converted to a two color scheme and all formatting is lost while using the plug-in.. =( It's really not a usable solution....

16 Jun 2011

You could buy some glasses tinted ones such as blue ones which will block white light, rose tint is for depth perception, also IR protection glasses Radiation glasses such as these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TV-Computer-Glasses-Vision-Radiation-Protection-/230588252145?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_VisionGlasses_Lenses_SM&hash=item35b0217ff1

I could get pretty complex about the use of safety glasses around electronic equiment.

Something for you consider, because I don't think they will be adding a custom colour options, I made a thread ages ago.. I ended up getting glasses:) which is a good thing becuase I really needed them:)

These may help but they don't have IR protection tho which is something you need when working on computer as well as Radiation protection.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ace-Didymium-Lampworking-glasses-Economy-Metal-/320467778214?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4a9d5e3aa6

anything is better than nothing:)

17 Jun 2011

I actually typically do use glasses for that purpose, and I highly recommend others do as well! My vision is great, and I'd love to keep it that way! My concern is mainly with the brightness of the white background as my eyes tire faster that way... So much can be said about ergonomics.....Most compilers I've used allow custom colors, I don't think it's that outrageous of a request... But that's me... I just figured I'd ask, usually never hurts...

17 Jun 2011

Yeah I think they are to busy eating cheese siting in front of that errrrr..... them nice blue LED's :)