SC16IS750 and SC16IS752 I2C or SPI to UART bridge
SC16IS750 I2C or SPI to UART bridge and SC16IS752 I2C or SPI to Dual UART bridge
The NXP SC16IS750 is a I2C or SPI to UART bridge. The device provides a UART serial port that may be controlled through an I2C or SPI port. Typical use would be to add (one or more) serial ports to an mbed. The SC16IS750 is a slave device to the mbed controller. It has internal registers that can be accessed to control the behaviour of the UART and that may be used to read or write data that is available on the serial port. Some of its features:
- Single full-duplex UART
- Selectable I2C-bus or SPI interface
- 3.3 V or 2.5 V operation
- 64 bytes FIFO (transmitter and receiver)
- Fully compatible with industrial standard 16C450 and equivalent
- Baud rates up to 5 Mbit/s in 16x clock mode
- Auto hardware flow control using RTS/CTS
- Auto software flow control with programmable Xon/Xoff characters
- Single or double Xon/Xoff characters
- Automatic RS-485 support (automatic slave address detection)
The NXP SC16IS752 is very similar and provides a I2C or SPI to Dual UART bridge. The channel (A or B) is selected by a parameter in the declaration.
More information may be found on the Notebook page.