Low Power Temperature Sensor Small WLP Package MAX31875
MAX31875 is a very small WLP package low power temperature sensor. MAX31875 supports high, low triggers stored in EEPROM for hystersis or limit alarms using comparator or interrupt mode. One-shot/shutdown or continuous modes are available.
The MAX31875 is a extremely small WLP package temperature sensor. It supports high, low alarm triggers or hysteresis levels stored in NVRAM. The MAX31875 can operate in shutdown and one-shot mode for very low power applications.
While in standby mode, the current consumed is typically 500nA. Average current is typically <10uA. During a temperature conversion, the typical supply current increases to 80μA. The time of the conversion is dependent on the conversion resolution selected in the configuration register. A 9-bit conversion takes about 18 msec and a 12 bit conversion will be about 140 msec.
- <10µA Average Power Supply Current
- Standby mode current : typically 500nA.
- Selectable Timeout Prevents Bus Lockup (Default Enabled)
- 1 MHz I2C and SMBus Support
- Selectable PEC (Packet Error Correction) for Reliable Communications
- +1.6V to +3.6V Power Supply Voltage
- Tiny size in WLP package: 0.84 mm x 0.84 mm x 0.35 mm.
|Accuracy °C||Temperature Range °C||Accuracy °F||Temperature Range °F|
|+-1.0°C||+0.0°C to +70°C||+-1.8°F||+32°F to +158°F|
|+-1.75°C||-40°C to +145°C||+-3.15°F||-40°F to +293°F|
The MAX31875 tiny package size is ideal for low power and size constrained devices. Typical applications are for wearables, servers, industrial devices, hardware temperature monitoring, thermostats, system temperature monitoring.
MAX31875 Low Power Small Package Temperature monitor example main.c code
Sample host software for the Maxim Integrated MAX31875 Low Power Small Package Temperature Sensor. Hosted on the MAX32630FTHR. The MAX31875 may be used in wearables, thermostats, thermometers, and hardware temperature supervisors.
C or C++ Library Code for Low Power Small Package MAX31875 Temperature Sensor
C code and C++ library, driver software for the low-power small WLP package MAX31875 temperature sensor. Code supports one-shot, shut-down/standby, hysteresis, alarm limits.
Pinouts for MAX31875EVKIT to MAX32630FTHR
- All About Circuits: Smart Coaster
- All About Circuits: Cool Down with a Smaller, Lower Power Temperature Sensor
- How to Build a High-Resolution Temperature Monitoring System using MAX7219, 8-digit, 7-segment LED display, and MAX31875
- Temp Sensor Tutorial
- YouTube: Digi-Key Daily: Maxim MAX31875 Temperature Sensor
- EDN Selecting the right digital temperature sensor for your application
- Types of Temperature Sensors
- Thermal Handbook
- How to Simplify the Interface between Microcontroller and Temperature Sensor
Where to Buy
You need to log in to post a discussion