Fuel Gauge Accurate Battery Status Monitor 7uA Temperature Sensor MAX17055
The MAX17055 is a low-power fuel gauge which provides greater accuracy for measuring battery capacity for lithium batteries in portable designs. The MAX17055 provides on-chip temperature measurement. Accurate battery status without characterization.
The MAX17055 is a low power fuel gauge battery status monitor IC. The operating current is a low 7 micro-Amps. The chip uses the ModelGauge m5 EZ algorithm which makes fuel gauge implementation easy by eliminating battery characterization requirements and simplifying host software interaction.
The ModelGauge m5 EZ versatile algorithm is tolerant of the most widely used lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries and includes Fuel Gauge Learning. ModelGauge allows time to full, time to empty forecasting.
ModelGauge m5 Benefits:
- No Characterization Required for EZ Performance
- Robust Against Battery Variation
- Eliminates Error Near Empty Voltage
- Eliminates Coulomb Counter Drift
- Current, Temperature, and Age Compensated
- Does Not Require Empty, Full, or Idle States
- Best State of Charge Accuracy
- Longest Battery Run-time
- Robust Safety and Security
- ±1°C Internal Temperature Readings
Small 1.4mm x 1.5mm WLP packaging.
Example main.c EzConfig software hosted on MAX32620FTHR
Sample code for the MAX17055 Fuel Gauge with EZ config Initialization API implemented. The MAX17055 is part of the MAX32620FTHR
C++ Firmware Code Driver Library with MAX17055 EZconfig APIs (ModelGauge m5)
This is a library for the MAX17055 Li+ Battery Fuel Gauge.
MAX17055 ModelGauge Linux C source code
Sample Program hosted on MAX32620FTHR, Hello World
Example for onboard MAX17055 Fuel Gauge driver
Software C++ Code Driver Library
Simple Fuel Gauge Diagram
MAX17055 WLP, TDFN PinOuts
Datasheet & User Guides
- MAX17055 Datasheet
- MAX17055 User Guide
- MAX17055 Software Implementation Guide
- Mobile Power Product Selector Guide
- ModelGauge Battery Fuel Gauge Technology
- AllAboutCircuits.com: Simplified Power Supervision for Portable Devices: A New Battery Management IC from Maxim
- How to Achieve Greater Accuracy in Battery Capacity Readings for Portable Designs
- How to Fuel Gauge Lithium-Ion Batteries Without Battery Characterization with ModelGauge m5 EZ
- YouTube: EZ Setup of MAX17055 EvKit ModelGauge m5 Low IQ Stand-Alone Fuel Gauge
- YouTube: First Look Episode 1: MAX17055
- YouTube: Future Electronics: Maxim Integrated’s MAX17055 ModelGauge m5 Technology
- Flexible Robotic Car Based on MAX32620FTHR
Where to Buy
You need to log in to post a discussion