Accelerometer, Gyroscope, IMU. Bosch Sensortec Inertial Sensor BMI160
Small low power Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU): Accelerometer, Gyroscope IC. BMI160 driver source code.
The BMI160 is a highly integrated, low power inertial measurement unit (IMU) that provides precise acceleration and angular rate (gyroscopic) measurement.
The BMI160 integrates:
- 16-bit digital, triaxial accelerometer
- 16-bit digital, triaxial gyroscope.
- High performance accelerometer and gyroscope (hardware synchronized)
- Very low power consumption: typically 925 µA (accelerometer and gyroscope in full operation)
- Android Lollipop compatible: significant motion and step detector / step counter (5 µA each)
- Very small 2.5 x 3.0 mm2 footprint, height 0.83 mm
- Built-in power management unit (PMU) for advanced power management
- Power saving with fast start-up mode of gyroscope
- Wide power supply range: 1.71V … 3.6V
- Allocatable FIFO buffer of 1024 bytes (capable of handling external sensor data)
- Hardware sensor time-stamps for accurate sensor data fusion
- Integrated interrupts for enhanced autonomous motion detection
- Flexible digital primary interface to connect to host over I 2C or SPI
- Extended I2C mode with clock frequencies up to 1 MHz
- Additional secondary high speed interface for OIS application
- Capable of handling external sensor data (e.g. geomagnetic or barometric pressure sensors by Bosch Sensortec)