Important changes to forums

We’re making some changes to the Mbed forums. From 10th December 2019 all new discussions will take place on our new forum site. You can continue to reply to existing threads for the next two weeks. After that we will archive this forum so you can return to useful posts in the future.

Affordable and flexible platform to ease prototyping using a STM32F401RET6 microcontroller.

Nucleo F401RE and Quadrature encoders

03 Jun 2014

Hi, Does somebody know how to manage with quadrature encoders on a Nucleo F401RE board ? According to the datasheet of its processor, it has the specific hardware for supporting 4 quadrature encoders. I would like to know if somebody has built a library for this or can do the job. My problem is I want to use a Nucleo F401RE board on a robot with to DC motors and two quadrature encoders for feed-back control. Thanks for the answer.

17 Jan 2015

Hi,

I am looking for the same information right now. I gather that timers 2,3,4,5 can handle an encoder and I have found this example that seems to use timer 2 for one encoder (with index signal too) http://developer.mbed.org/users/Nigel945426/code/HardwareQuadratureEncoderABZ/

Did you find an interesting source of information about the topic?

Thanks a lot,

Miguel Sánchez

17 Jan 2015
17 Jan 2015

Great, thanks a lot, exactly what I was looking for.

You need to log in to post a reply