Important changes to forums

We’re making some changes to the Mbed forums. From 10th December 2019 all new discussions will take place on our new forum site. You can continue to reply to existing threads for the next two weeks. After that we will archive this forum so you can return to useful posts in the future.

Affordable and flexible platform to ease prototyping using a STM32F401RET6 microcontroller.

SERIAL_TX SERIAL_RX: not recieving data from STM32F401

06 Nov 2017

Hello everyone

i have the problem that i cannot read the data that the STM32F401 sends via Serialport.

It CAN read the data that i send to it, since the example program (the one that toogles the board LED when a 1 or 0 is sent) does what it is intended to do, but the message that is sent by printf is not visualized. I have tried may terminals (putty, Arduino Serial Window), with no success in reading the data.

I have seen a post that says that i need to REMOVE the 0ohm resistor in SB13 and SB14, and connect SB62 and SB63 with a 0 ohm resistor too in order for it to work properly.

This is where my questions go:

1) This means that i have to MANUALLY REMOVE this resistors from the back of the board using a weller? 2) If i have to connect SB62 and SB63, can i use a wire? or should i use 0 ohm resistors? (like the ones removed in the quesion 1, if the answer is yes) 3) Is there a way to recieve the messages from the STM32F401 withouth doing this changes? I am afraid of damaging the board if i have to use a weller on it.

I ask this questions beacuse i want to send data to a Matlab program that reads some inputs from the STM32F401. If there is another way to do this i would be gratefull.

Here the link of the other threat:

https://os.mbed.com/forum/platform-34-ST-Nucleo-F401RE-community/topic/4949/

Thanks in advance

You need to log in to post a reply