HTTP and HTTPS example application for Mbed OS 5
This application demonstrates how to make HTTP and HTTPS requests and parse the response from Mbed OS 5.
It consists of six example applications, which you can select in
- Does a GET request to https:os.mbed.com/media/uploads/mbed_official/hello.txt.
- Does a POST request to https:httpbin.org/post.
- HTTP with socket re-use.
- HTTPS with socket re-use.
- HTTP over IPv6.
- HTTPS with chunked requests.
Response parsing is done through nodejs/http-parser.
Note: HTTPS requests do not work on targets with less than 128K of RAM due to the size of the TLS handshake. For more background see mbed-http.
- If you're using WiFi, specify the credentials in
- Build the project in the online compiler or using Mbed CLI.
- Flash the project to your development board.
- Attach a serial monitor to your board to see the debug messages.
Defining the network interface
This application uses the on-board network interface for your board. If you use an external network interface (f.e. a WiFi module) you need to add the driver to this project. Then, open
network-helper.h and specify which network driver to use.
More information is in the Mbed OS documentation under IP Networking.
Entropy (or lack thereof)
On all platforms that do not have the
TRNG feature, the application is compiled without TLS entropy sources. This means that your code is inherently unsafe and should not be deployed to any production systems. To enable entropy, remove the
MBEDTLS_TEST_NULL_ENTROPY macros from mbed_app.json.
Default flash size for HTTPS is very large, as the application is loading the default Mbed TLS configuration. To use a more optimized version, you can disable unused cypher suites and other Mbed TLS features with a custom configuration file. Create a new configuration file, then add in
You can run the integration tests from this project via Mbed CLI.
- Set your WiFi credentials in
- Then run the tests via:
$ mbed test -v -n mbed-http-tests-tests-*
- K64F with Ethernet.
- NUCLEO_F411RE with ESP8266 (not working on Mbed OS 5.12+)
- ODIN-W2 with WiFi.
- K64F with Atmel 6LoWPAN shield.
- DISCO-L475VG-IOT01A with WiFi (requires the wifi-ism43362 driver).
Revisions of LICENSE
|0:85fdc69bc10c||2017-02-15||Initial commit||File Diff Annotate|