A quick example of a simple WiFi application using the WiFi and network-socket APIs that is provided as a part of mbed-os.
The program brings up the WiFi and the underlying network interface, and uses it to scans available networks, connects to a network, prints interface and connection details and performs simple HTTP operation.
- UBLOX Odin board built-in WiFi module
- REALTEK_RTL8195AM built-in WiFi module
- NUCLEO_F401RE with X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 WiFi expansion board using pins D8 D2
- NUCLEO_F429ZI with ESP8266-01 module using pins D1 D0
- NUCLEO_L476RG with ESP8266-01 module using pins D8 D2
- Other mbed targets with ESP8266 module or X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 expansion board
Not that the mbed target board the WiFi shield gets connected to shouldn't have any other network interface e.g. Ethernet.
ESP8266 is a fallback option and will be used if the build is for unsupported platform.
diff -r dda31ae09824 -r 20f23913c4a7 README.md --- a/README.md Mon Dec 17 10:00:03 2018 +0000 +++ b/README.md Tue Dec 18 13:00:03 2018 +0000 @@ -126,3 +126,9 @@ ## Troubleshooting If you have problems, you can review the [documentation](https://os.mbed.com/docs/latest/tutorials/debugging.html) for suggestions on what could be wrong and how to fix it. + +### License and contributions + +The software is provided under Apache-2.0 license. Contributions to this project are accepted under the same license. Please see contributing.md for more info. + +This project contains code from other projects. The original license text is included in those source files. They must comply with our license guide.