Specific Pelion ready example using features of Seeed Wio boards including cellular and SD Card
Fork of simple-mbed-cloud-example-wio_3g by
Follow the Quick-Start instructions: https://cloud.mbed.com/quick-start
This example showcases the following device functionality:
- Allow the user to change the state of the board LED from Pelion LWM2M led_state resource and PUT request.
Instructions to use this program with mbed CLI
1. Import the application into your desktop:
mbed import https://os.mbed.com/teams/Seeed/code/pelion-example-common/ cd pelion-example-common
2. Install the CLOUD_SDK_API_KEY
mbed config -G CLOUD_SDK_API_KEY <PELION_DM_API_KEY>
For instructions on how to generate your API key, please see the documentation.
3. Initialize firmware credentials (done once per repository). You can use the following command:
mbed dm init -d "<your company name in Pelion DM>" --model-name "<product model identifier>" -q --force
If above command do not work for your Mbed CLI, please consider upgrading Mbed CLI to version 1.9.x or above.
- Set APN name, username and password in the mbed_app.json.
"nsapi.default-cellular-plmn" : "\"00000\"", "nsapi.default-cellular-sim-pin" : "\"0000\"", "nsapi.default-cellular-apn" : "\"apn\"", "nsapi.default-cellular-username" : "\"username\"", "nsapi.default-cellular-password" : "\"password\""
For the Wio LTE-M1/NB1(BG96) target, PLMN (Public land mobile network) should be specified to get quick connection to the network. This is usually found first 5 digit from your SIM card IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) number. e.g. 44052
4. Compile and program:
mbed compile -t <toolchain> -m WIO_3G
(supported toolchains : GCC_ARM / ARM / IAR)
- Make sure the fields
nsapi.default-cellular-passwordfrom the mbed_app.json file are filled in correctly. The correct values should appear in the user manual in the details of the SIM card.
- Enable trace flag to have access to debug information
- Try both TCP and UDP socket types.
- Try both
- The modem and network may only support IPv6 in which case
"lwip.ipv6-enabled": trueshall be defined.
- The SIM and modem must have compatible cellular technology (3G, 4G, NB-IoT, ...) supported and cellular network available.
8 months ago, by MACRUM [Thu, 16 May 2019 07:16:24 +0000] rev 4
Add PLMN info for the BG96
8 months ago, by MACRUM [Mon, 13 May 2019 13:35:18 +0900] rev 3
Add Wio LTE-M1/NB1(BG96) support
9 months ago, by Osamu Koizumi
[Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:13:04 +0900] rev 2
Pelion Ready support
13 months ago, by MACRUM [Fri, 21 Dec 2018 02:13:03 +0000] rev 1
Add Wio LED control
14 months ago, by MACRUM [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:27:36 +0900] rev 0