6 years ago.
Web based heating control.
I am very new to mbed and like most newbies i have a big idea for what i want to use my mbed board for. My plan is to automate a the heating of a large building. I would like to know if it would be possible to read multiple temperature sensors, log temperature on a web page, switch relays and create a timed queue of things to do, all over the web. I would like to be able to control the buildings heating from my home computer, rather than having to go up there and set it each day. Any help much appreciated. I am not completely new to the idea of C as i had a brief go at Arduino.
6 years ago.
This is certainly feasible, albeit reasonably involved project for a beginner.You should give it a go.
I would advise you setup an mbed notebook to track your progress.
The next steps would be something like this:
- Get hold of a temperature sensor and get it working
- Get hold of a relay and get it working
- Write a program to control the temperature of a plastic storage box using a lightbulb connected to the relay.
- Get hold of a wifi or cellular module and get it working.
- Write a small server which can receive data, or use Xively.
- Make your project send temperature to the web service
- Make it so your project can receive a message to set the temperature.
- Increase the functionality of these basics to meet your needs.
You need to log in to post a question