Important changes to forums

We’re making some changes to the Mbed forums. From 10th December 2019 all new discussions will take place on our new forum site. You can continue to reply to existing threads for the next two weeks. After that we will archive this forum so you can return to useful posts in the future.

Affordable and flexible platform to ease prototyping using a STM32F401RET6 microcontroller.

nucleo firmware update problem

07 Nov 2014

hello, I bought two nucleo F401RE, MB1136 rev C. I run Windows XP sp3. On first one I upgraded the firmare to version v2j23m6 with STW-LINK007, apparently with success (no errors in Windows Device Manager, ST-Link Utility recognizes the device and shows the firmware version). But virtual com port is not working (nucleo_printf online compiler example program). I also tried serial UART 1 and 6 with an external uart-usb adapter, with no success. On the other hand, the second board, which I did not updated, works fine. St-link utility reports firmware v2j19m3 on it. I couldn't find that firmware on site site; I found STSW-link005 with v2j21m5, and also St-link utility makes update to that, but with this update the situation is unchanged. How can I revert to the old firmware? or what can I do? Thank you in advance, and please forgive me for my shaky english. Paolo

07 Apr 2017

Hi Paolo, have you installed manually the ST Link Driver/V2 before upgrading the firmware? If not I suggest you to uninstall every piece of driver and software inherent the board and driver. Please refer to this page for a complete list of instruction and links to the necessary files an installer: https://developer.mbed.org/teams/ST/wiki/Nucleo-Firmware Let me know if this works for you.

Best regards

You need to log in to post a reply