Plotting, logging, visualising data

24 Oct 2013

Just wanted to share some software we have been working on called MegunoLink. It lets you plot, log, monitor, and visualise data in real time sent from your mbed. The website targets Arduino heavily but I wanted to try and shift some of that towards other platforms.

So current features are.

• Plotting
  • Logging
  • Serial Monitoring (you can also use messages to separate serial streams)
  • Plot coordinates on a map
  • Interface Panel (for creating graphical user interfaces with buttons, sliders etc)
  • Table (display tabular data)
29 Sep 2013

Hello Phil R,

could you create a demo for at least one mbed platform, mbed board for example? As out-of-box demo, which I did not find in your mbed repositories. That will certainly draw more attention.

When I read this first, I expected the software to be open/free. I was surprised that it's not for free. By the way, I consider the price to be high for targeted audiences. The target platforms (arduino, mbed) provide software available for free - compiler, IDE. I am not saying that all your efforts shoudln't be rewarded. Just expressing my opinion here.

Probably a solution to the paragraph above, a version with a limited functionality? Any plan for some free limited functionality version?

Regards,
0xc0170

24 Oct 2013

Hi Martin, appreciate the feedback. The price has now been lowered now to just 20$. Considering the reusability of software I think its fairly reasonable (open to feedback here though).

Below are a couple examples, the first plots the value of the unsigned integer called currentTemperature the second sends it to be displayed in a table. The beauty of it really is its simplicity, you can also send formatted messages which will be automatically separated for monitoring or logging (easy csv data), and send coordinate data to be displayed on a map.

You can get more info here MegunoLink.com

Plot Current Temperature

#include "mbed.h"

Serial device(p9, p10);  // tx, rx
unsigned int currentTemperature = 0;

int main() {
    device.baud(9600);

while(1){
        device.printf("{TIMEPLOT:Data Channel|data|Current Temperature|T|");
        device.printf(currentTemperature);
        device.printf("}");

currentTemperature++;
        wait(2);
    }
}

Tabulate Current Temperature

#include "mbed.h"

Serial device(p9, p10);  // tx, rx
unsigned int currentTemperature = 0;

int main() {
    device.baud(9600);

while(1){
        device.printf("{TABLE|SET|Current Temperature|");
        device.printf(currentTemperature);
        device.printf("}");

currentTemperature++;
        wait(2);
    }
}
06 Jan 2017

This is Cool Stuff !! Thanks Phil for sharing this Info about MegunoLink!! -SBW

10 Jan 2017

Hi All, I went through the Megunolink, it is interesting stuff to work with. I have some sensor data, I want to display it on a Grid, The option to plot X,Y data is seen, Can i manipulate the X axis and Y Axis to get 4 quadrants. ie : Both the Axis -ve and +ve Axis I want to display!. Is this Possible ? Thanks, sbw