Anyone working with 1wire on nRF52?

17 Dec 2018

Hi, I have problems with running simple 1wire application on nRF52 (devkit PCA10040 based on nRF52832). I've configured VS Code with PlatformIO and mbed because that seemed like better alternative to Segger Embedded Studio which looks like software for windows 95 and it's editor... I've got used to better standards recently. Libraries provided by community don't want to read or even find my DS18B20 sensor, I also tried to rewrite working library from ESP32 with better results, but no success. There is at least presence signal and some communication but seems that timings are bad and I'm getting constant 4095.94C reading (which is probably something like only 1's or 0's read from bus) . I'm not so much into 1wire protocol details to judge what's exactly wrong.

I'm not sure if there is a sense to dig into that deeper or just change sensor (or wireless module). Therefore I have a question: did someone successfully ran the 1wire protocol and what problems had to resolve?

Best regards, Karol

Update: I rewrote library once again in Segger Embedded Studio and it works there. I'll probably switch despite this IDE looking so ancient. I'd be happy if someone finds out why it doesn't work in mbed.