NPX LPC1768 no longer looks like a drive.

08 Jun 2018

I am a brand new, wet-behind-the-ears, newb user of the NPX LPC1768. I was using it with a Pololu m3pi robot plugged into a Toshiba laptop. I got as far as successfully running "Hello, World." Then, not knowing what I was doing, I think I downloaded something that I shouldn't have. The LPC1768 no longer shows up as a drive on the Toshiba. It is gone from sight altogether.

Now, it sits with the Power led lit, (and nine LEDs that light when power is applied to the robot itself via the LPC1768) when it is plugged into my PC. Did whatever I do ruin the processor permanently? Or is there someway to get it back into a state where I can drag and drop binaries? Or can I use a "programmer" to do that.

Like I said, I'm green as grass, although I have done a little work with Arduinos and Raspberry Pis (baby steps). In fact, I was a programmer/analyst back in the day of the Univac 3 and the IBM 7090, experience that has absolutely nothing to do with the technology of today. Any help would be appreciated.

08 Jun 2018

Hello Peter,

I do not think you fry the CPU. I think you might overwrite the DAPLink driver that allowed your PC to see your mBed board as a drive. So here is the step that might fixed it.

Step to update the mBed interface firmware:

1. you need to download the mBed interface firmware her:https://os.mbed.com/handbook/Firmware-LPC1768-LPC11U24
  2. Hold down board’s RESET button and plug in the board. The board should mount as MAINTENANCE
  3. Copy the mBed firmware you just downloaded
  4. Power-cycle the board to update the firmware

Regards, Peter, Mbed Team