Important changes to forums

We’re making some changes to the Mbed forums. From 10th December 2019 all new discussions will take place on our new forum site. You can continue to reply to existing threads for the next two weeks. After that we will archive this forum so you can return to useful posts in the future.

BLE Security Manager API Improvements

06 Nov 2019

After reviewing the BLE Security Manager API a bit more in detail for this this PR, I feel that there are some improvements that could be made to make it more flexible for advanced users.

For one:

Currently, the BLE SM only gives users the option of using a volatile, RAM-based Security Database or a file-based one that relies on Mbed's filesystem and C retargeting APIs. While this may be appropriate for most users, it would be nice to be able to give the security manager a customized SecurityDatabase subclass. This could allow for applications that want to take care of caching security information and write it to a secure, non-volatile location periodically. The file I/O implementation, while convenient, does not provide as much control over the sensitive security info or any guarantees that it has been written to flash (such is the caveat of OS-managed file I/O)

21 Nov 2019

Hi George,

Thanks for bringing this up, I agree your point, we should provide a way to user for deciding how the security information be stored.

Since we are trying to unify community channel, we advise you to post topics here. https://forums.mbed.com/c/mbed-os-3

Regards, Desmond

You need to log in to post a reply