Is there a way to import a tree of files/folders from local PC?

07 May 2012

Is there a way to import a tree of files/folders ... from my local PC's disk?

Where I have a folder tree of folders each a mix of .h and .cpp files?

All I can find is an impractical one file at a time method combined with manual creation of folders.

or upload a zip file then tell mbed's server to unzip it.

07 May 2012

You should be able to use the import option in the online compiler, select the "Local Machine" tab rather than the default "mbed.org" tab and give it a .zip located on your PCs disk and import it as a program or library.

08 May 2012

Adam Green wrote:

You should be able to use the import option in the online compiler, select the "Local Machine" tab rather than the default "mbed.org" tab and give it a .zip located on your PCs disk and import it as a program or library.

Thanks! Didn't know that could work. But it only worked somewhat. I zipped up a lot of folders and files for one project. Uploaded. Got a pop-up that said Import Warnings, with a list of path names that were rejected. There's a BUG in the import UI... this Import Warnings pop-up does not let me scroll horizontally enough to see what folder/file is rejected.

In the end, many items in the folder tree were rejected and I cannot see the reason for the rejections. Some said "illegal type" but I cannot see the file path in the Warnings list.